"A Roughnecks Wife"

“A Roughneck Wife”

It’s his last day home…
The hitch begins tomorrow…
His days at home seem so short…
And I can feel the heartache coming just as it always does…
So I busy myself washin, packin up his clothes…
while the smell of oil base mud is fillin up our home…
It’s hard to keep my head up…
Cause tomorrow he’ll be gone…
but that Iron Hors?e is calling and it almost time to go…

I know it’s hard on him as well…
And I know he doesn’t like to go…
But the job it just won’t wait…
So he’s gettin ready to headed out…
Clear across the state…

As we load his bags in the truck…
He’s tellin us good-bye…
We watch him as he leaves…
Till his truck is out of sight…
With tears fallin down my cheek…
I’m prayin…
God watch over that Roughneck…
He means everything to me…

I keep my phone close to me…
Just in case he tries to call…
It doesn’t bring much comfort though…
Cause the rig is out to far…
And no one gets phone service…
So he can’t make that call…

I’m layin here in bed tonight…
Missin him so much…
Our daughter layin next to me…
It’s hard to hide my tears…
She’s so young she doesn’t know…
How dangerous daddy's job can be…

The hardest thing I do is worry…
I cry myself to sleep begging God to please keep him safe…
I cry sometimes for no reason or because I’m lonely…
But when he calls me and tells me baby I’m on my way…
This hitch is over…
All those worries and fears go away even if only for 7 days…
And I can’t wait to see my Roughneck…

It’s not easy being a Roughnecks wife…
It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done…
While most husbands come home every night mine…
Stays in a trailer, eats microwaved meals and eats off paper plates all while missing his wife and kids…
For 7 long days at a time…
I love this man he’s a strong man, he’s a Roughneck…
And I’m proud to be his wife…
Even if there are days when I wish he wasn’t in the oilfield…
Days when we miss him so much that it hurts…

Days when nothing goes right…
Days when you just need your man beside you…
I’m still proud to be his wife!…

Comment by Trent Kite on October 5, 2011 at 2:15pm Comment by Dustin Frazier on November 27, 2011 at 12:16pm

Now there is an awesome statement!!! Nice!!

Comment by Suzie Black on November 27, 2011 at 2:41pm Comment by Erin Lynch on December 19, 2011 at 10:50pm

That brought a tear to my eye, I loved it!

Comment by Suzie Black on December 19, 2011 at 10:57pm Comment by Brandy Drake on December 22, 2011 at 5:37pm

this is so true, very well put.....it is great

Comment by Marylisabeth Irwin on February 17, 2012 at 12:03am Comment


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post